Basil essential oil has a warm, spicy, yet herbal aroma known to reduce anxious feelings.
Basil provides great benefits to both the mind and body due to its high linalool content, making it an ideal application to help reduce feelings of tension when applied to the temples and back of the neck.
Basil is commonly used in cooking to add a fresh, herbal flavor to meats, pastas, and entrée dishes, and it is also cooling to the skin.
The aroma of Basil helps promote a sense of focus and a stress-relieving experience.
How To Use Basil Essential Oil
- Diffuse to promote a sense of focus while studying or reading.
- Combine with Geranium and Wild Orange essential oils, for an uplifting aromatic massage.
- Add to your favorite Italian dishes for a refreshing taste.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice. Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Benefits of Basil Essential Oil
- Helps to keep the skin looking clean, clear, and healthy
- Promotes mental alertness and lessens anxious feelings when diffused
- Supports cardiovascular and nervous system health when consumed internally*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Other Information About Basil Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Leaf
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Aromatic Description: Warm, spicy, herbal
- Main Chemical Components: Linalool, 1,8-cineole (eucalyptol), bergamotene
With love and gratitude,