Ylang Ylang essential oil is derived from the unique star-shaped flowers of the tropical Ylang Ylang tree and is used extensively in making perfumes and in aromatherapy.
It is often used to support healthy skin and hair, while simultaneously providing a calming effect and promoting a positive outlook.
Similar to Jasmine, Ylang Ylang has been used for centuries in religious and wedding ceremonies. In aromatherapy, Ylang Ylang is used to lessen tension and stress and to promote a positive outlook.
Ylang Ylang is frequently used in luxurious hair and skin products for its scent and nourishing and protective properties. Taken internally, Ylang Ylang provides antioxidant support.* Ylang Ylang blends well with Bergamot, Geranium, Grapefruit, and Vetiver.
How To Use Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Put Ylang Ylang into an Epsom Salt bath for relaxation.
- Refresh your skin with an aromatherapy steam facial using Ylang Ylang essential oil.
- Put on your wrists for a sweet, floral perfume.
- Add Ylang Ylang to Fractionated Coconut Oil for a deep hair conditioner.
- Take internally for antioxidant support.*
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Benefits of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Provides antioxidant support*
- Promotes appearance of healthy skin and hair
- Lifts mood while having a calming effect
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Other information about Ylang Ylang essential oil
- Aromatic Description: Sweet, rich, spicy
- Collection Method: Steam Distillation
- Plant Part: Flower
- Main Constituents: Germacrene D, β-Caryophyllene, Farnesene
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
With love and gratitude,